Friday 1 February 2008

That sinking feeling.

How would you feel if your workplace was demolished without warning because you forgot to remind your finance department to pay the rent?
My workplace, or LeedsMet's original Second Life island, went offline last night. I wasn't too worried initially. Sims go down all the time. Then, when I was laying in bed, I had a sinking feeling as I worked out that it must be about a year since we bought the sim, and didn't we just pay for one year? Bugger.
After some frantic emails to Finance, and some very impressive emergency responses from my colleagues, a plan of action was hatched. Then, this afternoon, LeedsMet floated back up from the bottom of the virtual sea, all on its own.
Still not sure what happened. I'm going to make sure I sort out the rent next week though.

No comments: